LightBurn on pi4 running linux

I would agree that running lightburn on a Pi system is bound to have its unique set of problems.

However, there are two possibilities I might look into when I get my equipment up and configured properly.

1. With a cheap linux laptop attached to the laser, use “ssh -x lasersystem /path/to/lightburn” from my office linux system. Lightburn will run on the attached laptop but be viewable and controllable from my office. That would allow me to send files to the laser system but do the design work on my more powerful design desktop system.

2. Find/write software for a Pi that reads a gcode file and spools it to the laser. I could then design things in the office and ssh copy that job to the Pi system and tell it to spool the job to the laser. The Pi could allow remote viewing through an attached video camera interface, and be remote displayed on my office workstation. Stopping a spooling job would depend on how the spoiler works, ovbiously. Safety is not optional.

Either of the above would allow me to work from my comfortable office in the cold of the winter. I would only need to visit the laser station before and after the jobs to prepare the materials and to collect the product. The camera video would allow me to remote monitor the job in real-time and hopefully allow me to pause or kill the job properly.

1 Like

OctoPi is an rPi image of OctoPrint which is a gcode sender for the rPi. And it has support for a web cam view in the web page interface.

I’ve just not used it on a laser cutter. It has the ability to run multiple instances with different config files so I would use it to manage 2 3D printers at one time. Definitely something to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.