Lightburn, Ruida 6445G, 15.01.22 Firmware and a Rotary

Thanks again Dave – I was able to update the firmware. Since my original post, I got a new driver and have connected the rotary to the U -axis. I haven’t tried sending anything from Lightburn yet but the axis isn’t moving on reset or with manual keys and the stepper is locked. Maybe I jumped the gun and the U-axis can never be allocated to use as a rotary? Does anyone have this working? I checked that do have it enabled and in the screen shot above I have “Rotary axis” set to Axis U currently.

Thanks again guys…if this is not a valid configuration, I’ll go back to try to unplug the Y-axis and reconfigure the rotating axis to Y.

I don’t use the U / rotary setup right now, I just don’t have a rotary to wire up. But as long as you have the stepper driver and motor wired, you should be getting something. Might try and hook the stepper driver to your Y drive and see if you get anything that way as a test.

For anyone trying to find the option “rotating axis” in rdworks. You must install the last version 8.1.60 otherwise it does not appear

You can get that from here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.