Lightburn scaling down designs

We received our falcon RX 2717 today and are trying to run Lightburn and each time we send it to our laser it scales down the design by 30-40% and we cannot get the correct sizes to cut. Any advice is appreciated.

The conversion from real units into movement is handled by the laser itself. If you draw a 100mm square in LightBurn and run that as a simple Line, how big is the result? (This is easy to change, by the way, it’s just very rare for a machine to be delivered with the scaling wrong)

Hi, I drew a 2in by 10in rectangle and it cut it at roughly .5 by 3.5in- I made sure all measurements inside lightburn was inches and not mm and have cut this file about 4 times and I’m still having the same result.

Go to Edit > Machine Settings, then click ‘Calibrate Axis’ on the bottom. Do the X, then do the Y, and click ‘Write’ when finished.

You should use mm for this, because inches are huge. The software will ask you for the size you requested, and the size that the laser actually produced, and will alter the machine step size setting for you accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.