Lightburn Send File Overwrite Prompt

I was wondering if there was any way to toggle the overwrite file prompt when sending your file to your ruida controller. I have times where I will do a print make some slight changes and then do another print. I would like to be able to have an option to toggle the overwrite so it doesn’t ask me every time I send the newest file.
I searched around and couldn’t find anything on the topic itself.

It’s probably there as a protection. I’ve never seen anything to change that default.

:smile_cat:

Yeah, that is what I figured; I don’t think it’s wrong to have it there as a protection. But being able to accept the risk because you know you are going to be sending a lot would be a nice quality of life improvement.

On the tool bar at the very top is Feature Suggestions, this allow you put in a suggestion and we vote on it… If it gets enough votes, the developers will add it to the software.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Looks like there is already a few! :slight_smile:

Setting for Always Overwrite · LightBurn (fider.io)
Option to use “Send” quietly · LightBurn (fider.io)

There were a few more but I can’t post any more links it says. So having Lightburn respond to one of those would be great. I went ahead and upvoted them, but they are quite old at this point unfortunately.

Are you able to use “Start” instead of Send? By default this overwrites the current file.

Yes I can, but I have had better luck in certain situations when sending the file to the machine itself. As well as I usually run on current position and set the origin on the machine which makes me have to go back and forth from the computer to the laser a bit more.

It isn’t a huge issue, but it is a quality-of-life update that seems small enough that it shouldn’t be a major concern. Even if the first time you press send in a lightburn file it asks you, you check the box to ignore overwrite. Then it keeps it checked for as long as you are in that file. If you change files or restart Lightburn it will ask again the first time you press the send button again (if it needs to be overwritten).

What about using the “Increment filename on Send” option? This will create a lot of files but perhaps it’s easier to just clean those up every once in a while.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.