Lightburn Software - second Copy

Here’s my question; I understand thaat you can download Lightburn to a Max of 2 Computers. I use a laptop for my laser and do most of my design work on my desktop. The desktop is where all my CAD and design software lives. I would like to only use the laptop to run the design I made on the PC.

I have downloaded my second copy at least twice. Each time it downloads fine BUT my Lightburn icon leaves the desktop and it is no longer in My Programs folders.

I would sure love a solution…

Thanks for any help you can extend.

Randy Wells
itmservnet@gmail.com

Just download? Look in the downloads folder.

After downloading you have to install it - it will likely be in your ‘Downloads’ folder as Jeff suggests above.

It’s also possible that you have anti-virus software or something like that, flagging the application for some reason. Make sure your browser or anti-virus software isn’t “helpfully” discarding it for you after the download.

I did install it. It was there until a reboot and it went away. Literally it disappeared from my Desktop and from My Programs folder. I actually used it after the download. It’s done this twice now.

Thanks for the reply!
Randy Wells

I thought about that. The download(s) went in just fine.

I did install it. I actually used it after the download. It’s done this twice now.

I’m using Avast for my anti-virus. I thought that Avast might be giving me a problem. Not sure how to go about determining that or how I might cure Avast flagging LightBurn as a virus.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply!
Randy Wells

What folder is this exactly? Is this something you’ve configured?

Check to see if LightBurn is still actually installed in “Add or remove programs” in Control Panel.

Default installation folder for LightBurn is:
“%PROGRAMFILES%\Lightburn”

Enter that into Files Explorer and see if files are still there. It’s possible that just your shortcuts were removed.

Sorry, used old terminology. It was in my “Program Files” folder. I am re-investigating anti-virus mischief. I use Avast and have been happy with it. It may be flagging LightBurn as a virus and removing it.

I can use the software right after the download and install. It’s generally the next day that it goes away,

Thanks
Randy Wells

1 Like

Just a few thoughts come to mind if you haven’t figured it out.
Click on start menu and type lightburn. Does it recognize it? Thinking it might be hidden.
Are you possibly in safe mode installing?
Is the computer restoring to a previous save point during startup? This would make it look as it wasn’t installed.
That’s all I can think of.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.