Lightburn stops - Busy

I’ve been getting this issue since upgrading to 1.06. The job will run fine then just stop. The PC isn’t locked. No errors shown - the timer is still counting up and the message says busy. But nothing is happening.

If I reset the com port then the devices homes again and i can re-start. The issue only seems to be with larger more complex runs. This example is an image being run on pass through mode.

Hardware Windows 10 Mini Gerbl board - It’s been fine up to this latest update

Try downgrading back to previous version to confirm that the issue is isolated to the version change.

I suspect the timing is coincidental but a confirmation will help narrow the focus.

Just doing that now - the print run is a few hours so I’ll report back. I’ve gone down to 1.04 as i’d never updated to .05 so it will be that last version that worked correctly for me

Well that’ irritating. It failed on 1.0.0.4 as well. But installed lightburn on my laptop and its got a lot further and looks like it will complete.

Clearly there is something with my desktop that Lightburn doesn’t like. Are there any log files I can go through?

Same problem Here. I’ve downgraded to 1.0.4 and problem is stayed. The only “solution” i found now, is to prepare my file with Lightburn, export my file as gcode, and burn it with Lasergrbl with no problem :frowning: . If someone found a solution… ( when i read the console, there is Error 24)

This is likely not related to LightBurn itself. Time to run back to usual suspects for things like this.

• USB cable - don’t know if you used the same one with the laptop test
  • USB hub - take out of the equation if you’re using it
  • USB port - possibly something with the port like bad connection or something else
  • USB power settings - Wonder if a Windows change has updated the USB driver settings. See if power savings is causing port to shutdown. This is usually more a problem with laptops.
  • Is Windows up and running the whole time during the burn? Is it possibly sleeping or somehow getting interrupted.

Either way, I’d suggest looking for external factors.

yeah it’s looking that way

• USB cable - don’t know if you used the same one with the laptop test (used same one)
  • USB hub - take out of the equation if you’re using it (not using one)
  • USB port - possibly something with the port like bad connection or something else (tried different ports usb 2 and 3)
    USB power settings - Wonder if a Windows change has updated the USB driver settings. See if power savings is causing port to shutdown. This is usually more a problem with laptops (yeah double checked that first)
    Is Windows up and running the whole time during the burn? Is it possibly sleeping or somehow getting interrupted (yeah, no sleep, screen save or power options set)

It’s weird but has to be an issue with my com port then - but its only happening on extended longer runs

Have you recently moved the computer or has there been a shift in the room climate? Wondering if you’re getting static build-up on the chassis somehow that’s discharging into USB.

Don’t know if laserGRBL supports your controller but if it does, maybe trying running a job from there to eliminate any potential installation issues. Or possibly running LightBurn from a usb Linux live boot if you’re familiar. Or if you’ve got the hardware you could try a fresh Windows install to test that.

[quote=“berainlb, post:8, topic:56015, full:true”]

Have you recently moved the computer or has there been a shift in the room climate?
Wondering if you’re getting static build-up on the chassis somehow that’s discharging into USB.

No but I think this is potentially the issue - I have go good grounding on the K40 to the case and checked it through to the earth pin on the plug. But static build up is about the only thing i can think of now.

Don’t know if laserGRBL supports your controller but if it does, maybe trying running a job from there to >eliminate any potential installation issues. Or possibly running LightBurn from a usb Linux live boot if >you’re familiar. Or if you’ve got the hardware you could try a fresh Windows install to test that.
[/quote]

I’m using the Awesome Tech MiniGerbil2 - I’ve just downloaded laser gerbil so will try that next

Or if you’ve got the hardware you could try a fresh Windows install to test that.
Yep it might have to come to that :frowning:

Just saw this on the Awesome Tech website. Don’t know if still valid. Looks like v2.3 was released in March of 2017 so has been a while.:

Note: LaserGRBL software doesn’t work with the Mini Gerbil (latest tested v2.3).

Mini Gerbil 2 Axis Controller for K40 Laser Cutter – AwesomeTech

So seems to be working now. As well as the usual power management options and turning off suspend etc I had to manually change the power management for each individual USB port in device manager.

Still not 100% but it does seems to work more often than not now

c1

Hopefully this gets it. :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.