Lightburn update not playing nice with MacOS

What version of MAC OS was failing and what version works?

I amusing the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I am running it on two Macs. A Mac mini 2018 and a 13 inch MacBook Air 2013. Version 9.1.6 works on both laser machines and both Mac’s with no problems. Version 9.1.7 or Lightburn worked on neither Mac nor either laser machine. Version 9.1.8 of lightburn works on the Mac mini and the MacBook Air on the YoraHome 6550 3w. There are some glitches on both Macs when used with the Ortur LM2 20w. For some reason my fire button is not working that could be a glitch I created so I am still testing that.

You mean it doesn’t run at all? Or it just doesn’t work with your laser? Those are two very different things.

it had all sorts of problems with both laser machines. You and I were working on those in early part of this thread. I am happy to say from my Mac mini both the Ortur LM2 and the YoraHome 6550 work from the Mac mini. I did have some issues with the Ortur not firing when I hit the fire button and have not had a chance to run that down yet. As for the MacBook Air I had to drop back to .9.1.6 to be able to get the Ortur to work. the answer to your question is it just did not work with the Ortur laser from an old MacBook Air (2013). I am still trying to figure out why and will keep you posted when I trouble shoot everything