Lightburn works with my Mac but not my PC

I can get Lightburn to work with my Mac on my Ortur Laser Master 20w machine, but not on my PC (Asus gaming computer with lots of memory and speed). I am more of a PC guy than a Mac user, and would like to be able to use the software on either laptop. Help! I want to use my PC as it has a bigger screen, and I like the look of the PC user space. Solving this problem will help me decide whether or not to purchase a license when my trial is expired.

We can try, if you tell us what “this problem” is. :slight_smile:

The PC recognizes the laser, I can move the laser to any point with the pointer tool. It will fire a test fire under the “move” tab, it will go home, too. But, when I load in say a simple circle or square, etc., it will move to the start of the job, start to fire and then stop. Then it is all over until I restart the machine and/or Lightburn. I love this software, and I will probably still purchase even if I am limited to my Macbook Pro. I am looking at both computer settings and they are the same. After it does this the console indicates that the laser is again ready. It does have an error 25, I think sometimes. I will try to fire it up on my PC later to be sure. It is running on my Mac right now and is tied up.
Thanks for your reply!

You should be able to run LightBurn on both Windows and Mac and get it working with your Ortur Laser Master 20w machine. This is not a LightBurn issue.

Error 25 is a communication error, basically meaning that the board didn’t get what LightBurn sent it. For this, I would try another USB port, or make sure that the connection in the port you’ve chosen is secure and not loose.

All of my connections work and are good, otherwise it wouldn’t work with my Mac. I have tried all three of my Asus usb ports with not luck. I feel like I am so close, yet…
Anyway, we will find a solution I am sure.
Thanks again, I am having a great time with Lightburn and my Laser Master and it helps me keep my mind engaged thru an early (and health forced) retirement. I am going to install my G8 that I received today.
BIll

Still not luck getting my PC to work with Lightburn and Ortur Laser Master 20w machine. It will burn a square, but stops after starting a circle. The console reads
ok

ok

ok

Starting stream

Layer C00

error:20

On or near line 3:

Stream completed in 0:00

Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!

OLF 137.

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

Starting stream

Layer C00

error:20

On or near line 3:

Stream completed in 0:00

ok

Does anyone know what that means?

Error 20 is similar to error 25 - it’s corrupt GCode:
http://grblminicnc.blogspot.com/2017/04/grbl-error-list.html

The cause is the same as I said above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.