Line and Fille not lined up

I am working on setting up my OPT 6Watt diode laser on my Mill Right Mega V XL cnc.
The one problem I can’t seem to figure out so far is why the line and fill don’t always line up.
When i engrave a simple box the fill and line seem to match up, but when I do text i get some
misalignment on the y axis. I have tried engraving supper slow, but the problem is the same and consistent.

Any ideas what the issue may be or what settings may need adjusting?
Thanks!

I have been missing with this issue for over a week and tried every suggestion i could find online. Is there anyone that can help?

as far as i can it looks like that your stepper are missing steps which result in a mismatch when you laser the outline of the text.
so i don’t think it didn’t fill up.
you can first try to laser without outline, and then a test with only outline.
you can probably then see that the motor miss steps in 1 direction.
you can play with speed and acceleration, and maybe check the current output from the driver.

I think the acceleration is causing this!

Regards,

Ruud

Thank you for your suggestion. I really thought it was acceleration as well .I have tried adjust all acceleration down to an extreme 10mm/s and i get the same exact issue on the letter “e” . The issue is persistent even when the letter is scaled up or down as well

I just tried doing the fill and the line sperate like you suggested, and i still get the issue.
Could it possibly be a font issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.