Line art, pictures etc

Was wondering what file ext one has to have when importing pictures into Lightburn software. I have several line art pictures that I can import into laserburn I can frame the picture but get an error message “trouble communicating with laser” when I want to burn. I have a Ortur 15 watt desktop laser, windows 10, 64 bit. No other problems except importing pictures. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Charlie

Are you saying you are able to burn other kinds of files, just not pictures? The commands LightBurn uses to burn simple shapes are the same as when burning images.

The biggest difference is how hard the machine gets pushed when engraving images - it’s a serious stress test of the machine, so if the USB connection is loose, power supply isn’t up to the task, or anything else is a weak link, image engraving will likely make it fail.

I can do any kind of engraving, objects ,text combo of both as long as it is done within the program. I have some very simple line art pictures that I want to use, when I import the line art into lightburn I can move it around and the laser will frame it but when I try to engrave it I get an error message “cannot comunicate with laser” so I was wondering does the line art file have to have a certain ext. like “jpg” or “tiff” The line art picture would be no different than printing text. Hope this helps
Thanks
Charlie

The error message you’re getting shouldn’t be related at all to images. What settings are you trying to use with the images? Can you show an example?

I believe I have found the problem. The file I was trying to use must be corrupt because I tried my other files and they worked. I should have tried that first sorry to take up your time
Charlie

I honestly doubt that’s it - If you can see the image in LightBurn, it’s not corrupt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.