Line engraving mis-registration

Hello
I am trying to engraving a seating chart (into acrylic) It has very intricate line drawing around it. It was art I found a long time ago and used successfully on my old GCC (using Corel) I exported it from Corel into a jpg (which has been successful for me on many graphics. It traced fine into Lightburn and looks perfect but 2 things. One – I wanted to engrave the lines (like I did in Corel) but with FILL and in Preview it appears as big black block. When I changed it into LINE it looks like what I want only thin lines. But it had become a night mare. I have engraved this 2X and wasting a lot of material. The lines are all out registration and made a mess. I don’t know what to do to make it right and I have to get this job out. The art looks fine in the window so I can’t alter that. I have attached the graphic and 2 photos of the messed up lines engraved. So a couple questions -

• is there a way to engrave the lines (not scribe/kiss cut them) without the whole graphic filling in
  • if not – how do I “lock” these lines so they don’t float all over and out of place
  • the line quality is weird - some places are squiggly - some corners are blotchy (like melted) REALLY DON"T WANT TO USE THIS SETTING for line graphics. Thank you for any quick advise you can provide!
    Table Chart.lbrn2 (2.1 MB)

I wanted to split this project into several layers to allow me to process them individually.
On a test piece, you must find the correct settings for speed and power, acrylic can be a difficult material. When you say melted, you are driving too slowly or with too much power, but individual lines are not suitable for this design (which I otherwise like).
The uneven shapes of the lines come from the drawing itself, I suspect it is a scanned trace and converted image. The text was added afterwards from the program, it is clean on all sides.
I want to redesign the whole project so that it can be seen more clearly. However, it requires a little work.

PS. what font did you use?

The images are enlargements of your file.

…just a small question, shouldn’t it have looked something like this?

Not really – I have attached a jpg of the art in my Corel Draw and a photo of what it should look like all done. Everything was was engraved all at the same time on my old laser. Corel Draw doesn’t have a FILL and LINE selection when sending to an engraver. Just a red line for cut and black lines engrave. Thank you

Sorry I just read your other message. It sounds so complicated – Maybe I should tell my customer I changed equipment and programs and this isn’t working and try to find something else?? The fonts are Art Deco TL (title) and Andes body type

The original is very nice, I am also a big fan of art nouveau.
Based on the frame you have shown here, I could trace something that was a little better than yours. But if it has to be perfectly fine, I will probably buy an art nouveau frame for the task online in vector format.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.