Linux - camera not loading in the appimage of LightBurn v1.6.01

I was helping a user of LightBurn in the makerforums with operating a K40 through the Meerk40t M2Nano server and started helping with running in docker for testing when I found that the camera in the appimage version was INOP.

The camera looks to be working in the native installation.

Looks like the streamer ‘bad’ pluggin wasn’t included in the appimage for some reason. Also saw this in the 1.7 appimage beta. note: v1.7 native doesn’t work and I’ve posted to the beta thread about that.

Here’s the console output:

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-“dlarue'
Using the core prefs dir
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionSettings_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionEdit_GameControllers_triggered()
connected
"eth0" "eth0"
"Lenovo EasyCamera: Lenovo EasyC" "/dev/video0"
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: undefined symbol: g_assertion_message_cmpint
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy/libpxbackend-1.0.so: undefined symbol: g_strv_builder_unref
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so: undefined symbol: g_source_set_static_name
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so: undefined symbol: g_uri_is_valid
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognomeproxy.so
Error: cannot create camera service, the 'camerabin' plugin is missing for GStreamer 1.16.
Please install the 'bad' GStreamer plugin package.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.