Live framing doesnt produce shape to align material

I just bought a 30w fiber laser and im trying to get live framing to work but no bounds or hull shape shows up on my material. I just see the dots to zero in the laser. It makes it difficult to get a mark at a desired location. Any help is appreciated

Hello Tristian, welcome to the forum.

A link to the machine you have is nice, as I’m not sure which machine you are using…

Is this a Raycus or JPT source?

How do you have the device settings configured?

A screen shot of the device settings would help…

:smile_cat:

Heres the machine link!

Which dots are you referring to?

Most have a pair of led pointers that you can adjust your focus by raising/lowering the head until the coincide with each other… I will assume these. They don’t do the tracing.

From what I understand the tracing illumination comes from the laser source within the machine. In your case the Raycus…

I have a different source, but as far as I know the only controls from the device settings are here…

Mine traces the image as it should when I have the contour button active, none of the other options in the live framing gui are active or enabled…

I think this pretty much works only with a vector file…

I’d ship off an email to OMTech and get the query in the queue there. They may have a quick response…

I assume it’s a new machine?

I got mine from Cloud Ray and they didn’t set up the rotary :sob:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.