Locked Gantry on K40 Mini Gerbil

thanks for all your help. I’ll post the result in the hope it may help someone in the future

Does anyone have any pictures of what the connections to the board should look like?

As mentioned, when I fitted the GERBIL one of the ground connections was out of place (the wire wasn’t connected to anything) and there was an empty space in the connector so I soldered it into that connector slot, assuming that’s where it belonged. Wondering if that isn’t the case. Not at my machine currently but pretty sure it was one of the X or Y cables.

if it turns out that the connection is bad at this end, am I able to solder these to the existing cables to replace the connector?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ILS-Micro-1-5mm-Connector-Cables/dp/B07GXMG15P/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=4-Pin+Connector+Plug+With+Wires&qid=1603101088&s=diy&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE0MTNSN0JaM1VXTzQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzMjc2MDQyWk5MNUE0QklWTlI0JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwODE5ODIxNDE5UjhUSUVLWDBFJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Go to the mini gerbil website it shows all connections step by step.shouldnt have to solder anything.both axis should be plug in.only wire that gets changed is pwm wire.also always command gantry to unlock when you want to freehand locate

it was wired as per the instructions, but its a used machine so anything possible. I am going to see exactly where the wires come from today to get to the bottom of it

wires are all ion the correct positions. no loose connections on the switches. I’m really confused, could it be that it’s not set up correctly in LB?

I have disabled ‘return to finish position’ and when a job finishes I just press home and that seems to be a fix for now. Would be nice to know what the actual issue is though.

Any ideas why, wherever my piece is on the board on LB it still cuts in the top left corder regardless?

You’re almost certainly using ‘Current Position’ or ‘User Origin’ mode instead of ‘Absolute Coords’: Coordinates & Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation

Can you describe the current issue? It’s possible the return to finish position (which defaults to 0,0) is returning to where your homing switches are and hitting them. If you have hard limits enabled in the config, that would trigger an alarm even though technically the machine didn’t exceed the bounds.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.