Looking for a step by step guide to connect wireless IP camera to lightburn on Mac

Hi there,

I’ve searched high and wide for a step by step guide to get lightburn to recognise my wireless IP camera. I’ve tried using both OBS project and splitcam, which the camera works fine via RTSP connection and I can view the cameras perfectly and even using them in 3rd party apps such as zoom.

I understand that lightburn due to the way the program was written requires the camera to appear as UVC connection, but making that happen is tricky! I need to connect wirelessly as I use my laser outside as I don’t have the capacity to run a fume extraction set up, so I watch through a sliding glass door (with eye protection), but due to the property being a rental, I can’t run any cabling through the walls/doors/windows.

I’m using a mac (OS Ventura 13.0.1) and lightburn (1.3.01).

Kind regards.

Hi there,
I have the same issue and did a lot of research on this. At the OBS forum (Thread.
I found some interesting things and it looks like that this is an issue with code signing. The solutions (
codesign --remove-signature /Applications/…) are for meeting apps like Zoom and Teams. For me it looks like that this can be adopted for Lightburn but this is above my knowledge. I started Lightburn via terminal (/Applications/LightBurn.app/Contents/MacOS/LightBurn) an got the following in the output:
2022-12-29 14:51:53.683 LightBurn[24142:517251] Error loading /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-mac-virtualcam: dlopen(/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-mac-virtualcam, 0x0106): tried: '/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-mac-virtualcam' (code signature in <AA80FC44-EBA9-3AB0-9BBC-3AFA9E5894A6> '/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-mac-virtualcam' not valid for use in process: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs)

I can use the virtual camera in OBS but not outside it. My versions are OBS 28.1.2, Mac OS 12.6.2, Lightburn 1.3.01.

kind regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.