Lost connection light burn xtool D1 20W

Hello

I have a xtool d1 pro 20W laser and I’m running it on LightBurn I’ve been working with it for 1 month, everything is going well but to date I have lost connection on my last project during cutting.

I have no problem during the engraving whatever the duration. LightBurn always loses connection during cutting.

With the xtool software the same file works.
I have a MacBook Pro m1 And a Windows 10 pc. The problem is the same.

I have read the various help:
Cable replacement.
Installation of drivers.
Nothing works…

Can you help me ?

Thanks

One of the emerging possibilities is that LightBurn may have trouble with the xTool D1 controller Mounting itself as a drive. It was discovered on other engravers, but the processor is similar if not identical.

On the windows 10 PC, check out the video in the last post of this thread:

Please follow the 2-3 steps and test to see if that is happening and if this approach allows LightBurn to operate the laser without losing connection.

Which xTool D1 Firmware are you currently running?
You can see the exact version number and copy it from the Console window in LightBurn and paste it into a reply here.

1 Like

Hello and thank you,

I tried the solution of the video but I is not the line : espressi mass storage usb device

firmware xTool D1: [xTool D1Pro:ver 40.31.004.01 B3]
lightburne 1.3.01

I just did another test. My laser loses connection when I go over 70% power. Below I is not losing connection.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

This could be a sign of a bad power supply. When voltage drops, the connection is lost.

2 Likes

Ok but why on XCS of xtool it works.
and
when i draw from lightburn i don’t have this problem,
it only happens when i import files

So this is not a single condition issue? Seemed like you were saying that power alone could trigger the issue. It may still be power if it’s also associated with motion. Higher motion would require more current.

Are you running the same thing on both?

Can you provide examples where this is not occurring for native files and occurring for imported files? Note that in reality, once imported there should be no difference in content.

1 Like

Are you running the same thing on both?

Yes but not in the same format xtool does not take AI files

Can you provide examples where this is not occurring for native files and occurring for imported files? Note that in reality, once imported there should be no difference in content.

I managed to finish the file with a power lower than 60.
With the laser head unplugged the work is finished.

thank you for your help