Low Power issue

Hello group, im having an issue I cant quite figure out…I have the Ortur Master Laser 2 w 20w laser - Ive had my laser for about a week now and i was interested in laser engraving painted tiles… I followed this video exactly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4UzAiO6Xc&t=571s) If link doesnt work just search youtube for (How to Make Money with a Desktop Laser!) the guy makes a Hulk picture on a tile… The only thing different is my laser is a 20w and his is a 15w

Same tiles
Same paint
Followed instructions exactly and my laser never burns the paint, even at 100% power…

(I did notice one issue, when he shows his “line Interval (in)” to 0.11 his DPI shows 231. When I set mine to 0.11 my DPI is now just 9, weird…

Any info will be helpful…

Please disregard I do thing I found the issue…

May I ask what your resolve was? I’m going to be trying the same thing but haven’t received my laser yet from my order.
Thanks

Yes, it turns out I simply didn’t do my homework. What I thought to be the laser not burning through was actually burned all the way through and blackening the actual tile. There is still quite a bit I have to learn.

Now I haven’t completed a tile yet due to running some test but I just got more tiles to play with.

I suggest to just paint a tile and draw small squares in lightburn and play around with each squares power and speed.

Where im lost is his video shows his Line interval (in) he shows 0.11 with a DPI of 231.
When I set mine to 0.11 my DPI shows 9.

Im just writing this off as a power difference. He has a 15w and I have a 20w.

Ill update if im able to with what I find. Im absolutely new to lasers but have 25+ years with graphic design so Ive got 75% down.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.