Mac OS X - EleksLaser A3 Pro

Hi Everyone.

I’ve just received and set up an EleksLaser A3 Pro. I’ve been looking at different software to run during the shipping period and have decided Lightburn’s probably the best way to go.

Is there any resources I can use to get up and running. I keep reading about flashing the board, which seems to be only related to a Windows based setup. This is all foreign to me.

I’m trying to set up on a 2011 MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 (won’t update any further) Is the doable, or am I pushing poop up hill?

Thanks, Nath

You’re at least partially in luck - 10.10 is the minimum required version of OSX supported by LightBurn. As for the EleksLaser, the important piece will be which firmware is installed on the control board. The EleksLaser boards will run GRBL firmware, but I’m not sure what they ship with stock, or if that would require you to re-flash the board with an update. You could try, as a starting point, using the GRBL-M3 device in LightBurn to see if it connects to the board.

Have you checked any of the EleksMaker forums to find out if anyone has flashed the board from a Mac?

The only relevant thing I could find was a post from over a year ago that had no replies.

I did find this though

Downloaded and ran it. Lightburn’s since given me a third option here (cu.wchusbserialfd120)
25%20pm
but as soon as I select it, the computer crashes.

UPDATE: As it turns out, I was able to update to High Sierra 10.13.4, and, I wouldn’t say it was a complete success, but I’m getting somewhere now. Juat need to keep messing around with settings.

Sorry if I wasted any ones time.