MacOs Problem Launching Lightburn - HELP!

Used LightBurn last night and now software is not working. I have uninstalled and installed 5x with no luck. I have restarted my Mac Pro as well. I have the latest macOS too!

“LightBurn” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."
Lightburn Error Message

I tried the following steps to allow the app to run in my MacOS.

1. System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.
  2. Unlocked and enable LightBurn Software to install - no luck.

Please help.

read this:

1 Like

We offer a FAQ for this exact issue found here:

It is not going through the installation prompts at all. I tried going through my System Preference and unlocking Security and Privacy. It is not giving me an option to enable LightBurn at all.

Please describe this in a bit more detail. Are you saying that you can download the LightBurn install file but can not launch the install process? Your original post includes an image that is presented by the OS for applications that are unknown to the Operating System and is presented only after you have completed the install and try to launch the LightBurn application itself.

When you double-click the download file you should be presented with a screen that looks like this:

Drag the LightBurn icon over top of the Applications folder and drop. This is the extent of the initial install process. The message you are being presented is telling you that you are not currently able to “Run” LightBurn. You need to tell your OS that this is ok using the steps provided above.

All of the procedures presented are known, and good working solutions. When I am doing internal beta testing, I will do this many times in a day with each fix and release, so I can tell you from personal experience, this works.

Please explain, in detail, the exact steps and results you are getting so we can help you further.

simply, right-click and select ‘open’ rather than selecting an icon on the bar or double-clicking. You will be asked if it’s OK to proceed.

1 Like

Thank you!

Ok. The security and privacy message finally popped up for me and I was able to open Lightburn again. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Thank you! I am finally back up again.

Glad to hear you are sorted.

For now, you will when you install an update. We plan to complete the process with Apple, although Oz, a Verified Apple Developer, has mentioned it was not as straight forward as with Microsoft and he needed to dig a bit deeper. It is on the list to resolve, but until then, the simple steps above will be required only the first ‘run time’ after you update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.