Macro or Programmatic creation of file

Hello All

I regularly use a lightburn template that has a number of circles with names on them (basically name tags). Every time, I go in an manually change names / add or remove circles based on the job size. I was wondering if there is a programmatic way to use standard shapes / user defined shapes and then import data from Excel to automatically create the burn file. Anyone have any ideas / tips on accomplishing this?

Thanks much in advance…

Depending on how much variation there can be in the name lengths, you could use Variable Text to pull the names from an Excel file, and just have the ‘Max Width’ on the text shape set to prevent them from getting too large. If you like to size or adjust the circle to match the text this wouldn’t work though.

If you know any Python or some other language, the LightBurn project file format is intentionally simple and made to be relatively human readable - it’s not hard to create them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a video / article that provides step-by-step instruction on how to do this? Much appreciated. This holiday season with orders piling up, this would save a lot of time.

There’s a tutorial for variable text here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.