Magic Mouse & Track Pads

I searched and didn’t see anything from the last two years on this topic. Has anyone figured out a way to use the magic mouse or the trackpad on a Mac for panning scrolling?

I’m quite surprised that LB decided to go rogue on this and not follow Apple’s conventional movements for the mouse and trackpad.

Spacebar + click + drag should work in either case.

It does, but that’s unconventional to how other applications work on the Mac. As I mentioned earlier, having to unlearn what we’ve been doing for decades to learn a different way doesn’t seem practical.

Think about it this way: What if we asked all Windows users to swap the Command Key with the Control Key, but just for one application? All other apps would work “normally”. How long do you think it’ll take you to figure that out so it becomes “natural” between the one and all the rest?

I’m not sure where you’re going with this. I wasn’t advocating for whether or not this was conventional or better, only answering the question you had posed. Maybe you were asking a different question from what I understood and you were actually asking if LightBurn offers a way to do the way you expect. If that’s the question then no, it does not as yet.

I don’t disagree that pinch to zoom and two finger scroll would be nice. Having said that I have no problem adapting to the paradigm in LightBurn. Do you have the same objections to Mac OS not having touchscreen capability as we’ve similarly been conditioned to?

I guess I should have been a little more clear.

I guess my point was light burn is doing something unconventional to most all other software when it comes to mouse/trackpad movements - I was hoping I was missing a setting or somethign that would change this.

Adapting globally is no big deal. When when Windows Users move to Mac, they have to get used to the fact that there’s an Option Key and no Alt Key and the Command Key and the Control Key Location are swapped.

Well, it does take a little bit to get used to, it’s not software application specific so you do get used to it pretty quickly. But when software decides to do some thing, unconventional, just for its own purpose, makes it really difficult to get used to, it’s some thing the brain Hass to stop and think about which can throw you off track when you’re designing.

The problem lies in when something conventional to a specific OS is difficult to apply across all the other supported platforms. While something probably could be implemented, having a consistent feel across all OS’s is desired.

Your input would be very welcome over on our Feature requests site here: Voting System for New Feature Requests - Fider

I also lamented the scrolling on the Mac. I found a shareware utility to add the middle nouse button to scroll with 3 fingers in LIghtburn. I hope this helps>

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.