Main program is maximized, but i still cant dock my move window

Been at this for an hour now hahaha, but i accidently closed the stupid move window, and now i cant dock it. The main software is fully maximized. Also, holding shift and hitting frame has stopped fireing the laser, but clicking fire in the move window, the laser shows up…

I am on a laptop

cant dock

Try these options:

1. Drag and hold the title bar of the Move window. Bring the current pointer position over the body/center portion of the window pane, not the title bar or tab area. Hold it there for a couple of seconds to see if becomes blue.
  2. If that doesn’t work, then perhaps reset your Windows with Window->Reset to default layout.
1 Like

ok, i will try that out. Next issue, the shift+frame is not firing the laser, but the fire button will. im on version 0.9ish

Someone else had a similar issue but never got sorted. Try an external keyboard to see if that changes the behavior.

Else if you’re able to upgrade to a newer version there’s a Device Setting that allows you to have laser on during framing.

1 Like

every time i update, it breaks the system on me haha. It was working great about 4 hours ago, and now it stopped fireing when framing. i have restarted the pc, laser, lightburn and everything

Oh so this is new behavior? Do you get the same thing with both shift keys?

1 Like

yup new behavior and yes, with both shift keys. shift does work since it will uppercase when i use it.

i am on version 0.9.25, but it was working fine. the laser is also engraving fine

Not sure what this could be but it does sound very similar to the other user. I don’t think that person was ever able to get his laser to frame with the laser, however.

1 Like

after restart and everything, still not firing when i hold shift and click frame… driving me nuts.

figured it out… if the move window is NOT docked, it will not fire during a frame. But when i hit window>rest to default. it fires during frame

That’s really odd. I can’t reproduce the issue by popping out the window. Something must have gotten misconfigured in the process and gotten cleaned up in the reset. Wish I could reproduce it though.

Glad you got it sorted. That would drive me insane.

1 Like

yeah, for the last 3 days it was driving me nuts…

i should update though, but im affraid the update will kill my laser and i dont think i can go back down to 0.9.25

haha

How are you on this version? I don’t even see a news release for it.

For what it’s worth, 1.0.06 is quite a solid release and includes a lot of niceties introduced since 1.0. Most smaller issues in the 1.0.x line were resolved for this final 1.0.x build. 1.2.00 is a much bigger change and has some first release bugs mostly around all the significant changes.

because this is the beta version to 1.0.

how do i find the 1.0.06 download?

All releases are available here:
Releases · LightBurnSoftware/deployment · GitHub

Also consider 1.1.04, the last release before 1.2.00.

Note that for 1.2.00 that due to the change with how fill+line is handled, any previously saved file that uses fill+line that you open with the new version will be converted to the new structure and will no longer be able to be opened in older versions if you ever downgrade.

1 Like

is 1.1.04 a decent release?

Yes. Also very solid. Cleaned up most of the issues from the initial 1.1 release and added some niceties along the way.

Some personal highlights for how use LightBurn:

• Framing with laser without needing to use shift
  • Improved handling of SVG text
  • Some hotkey improvements
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.