Max/min power in controller and in LightBurn

He’s looking specifically for how the Min / Max params interact with the Min / Max tube power values in the vendor settings - IE, is it a clamp, or a range?

I worked that out. And posted the answer.

My original post pointed out that my understanding was wrong, so I went and found out. That link is the best explanation I’ve found.

That link explains how Min / Max power settings are ramped, and discusses how the Start Speed setting affects it, but not how the tube power settings are used.

I will test it out when my mA meter gets here. It’s on a slow boat somewere…

Which ‘tube power settings’? Where do you set those?

Are you talking about the ‘manufacturer settings’ max/min?

Yes. They aren’t exposed in the current release of LightBurn, but are in the next release.

A digital multimeter will be more accurate.

There seems to be some misunderstanding about what you want to know.

The panel max/min is explained above, and there are a few vids giving examples, such as this one: https://youtu.be/38fBha5rqxI

That’s what I thought you were asking, but tell me if I’m wrong.

The link to RDworks Wiki is useful - the wiki is a lot more informative than the setup notes from Ruida

You are such a tease!

Luckily my machines are packed in a container, otherwise I’d be getting laser-grumpy that I’m not using the latest stuff.

(Laser-grumpy is a thing, my wife has seen it).

I don’t think accuracy is an issue when all we need to know is the relative change.

1 Like

You don’t have an ammeter, you probably have, or have access to, a digital multimeter.

Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. On my Ruida display if I set the max to 50% and pulse I get a mA reading of 18. When running a job with the cut power set to 100% the mA meter is pegged at 30.

If I am reading the above thread correctly it sounds like Lightburn overrides the controller percentage setting?

The power setting you set on the display is only used for the pulse and to change your power settings during a job. So yes Lightburn wil override that setting cutting a normal job.

Setting the power on the controller panel is not the same as setting the min / max output values in the vendor settings on the controller. Two different things.