Microscopic fonts

Menu fonts in LB (version 1.2.01) are so small they’re nearly impossible to read.

I’ve set the Settings “Toolbar icon size” to Largest and “Font size” to 24. Increasing the Microsoft Windows screen size makes no difference. The fonts cause much eye strain trying to read them. Please help.

For those interested, here’s my laptop computer info:
Lenovo Yoga 9 14ITL5
64 bit
11th gen i7 processor
Win 10 home
Version 21H1

Please let me know if you need anything further to help solve this problem. Thanks!

Maybe you need glasses after all?

Out of curiosity, do you have more than one monitor attached / disconnected & reconnected, or a 2-in-1 laptop with a touchscreen? With my laptop the UI scale can change monitor to monitor, causing LightBurn, Slack, Discord, and plenty of others to glitch out when going between their respective scaled UIs. LightBurn’s UI scale is usually combined with those correctly, but not always.

A screenshot can be useful for diagnosis, or figuring out if this is a bug report, and if so, where to start. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I am also having this same issue. I adjust the slider in the Edit Settings dialog to set a font size that is readable. The next time I launch the app the fonts are back to the default, even though the slider is showing the font size I selected. Once I change the slider the fonts size will change again. Dell XPS 17 laptop with display resolution of 3840 x 2400, running Windows 11.

After relaunching application:

After adjusting font size slider:

1 Like

Only using laptop. Do not have another monitor attached to it. Tried to attach screenshot, but it only put the link and not the actual image.

Do you have any suggestions, or am I just stuck squinting at the screen? Thanks.

High DPI screens are problematic for the current version of the framework that LightBurn is built upon. Try giving the High DPI system settings some adjustment and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the highest display settings available. It made no difference. The menus and dropdowns are so small they’re barely readable.

The problem with tiny fonts is still not resolved. Does someone have a viable solution? Thanks.

Could you please attach a screenshot showing the font size? Also, please update to the latest version of LightBurn if you haven’t already - mostly to see if it persists. If it does, its likely a system setting.

Updated to most recent version of Lightburn. The tiny fonts are still there.

Below is a screen shot.

Here’s the whole screen. As you can (almost) see, the menu titles are very tiny. Nothing I can do makes them bigger.

This is only a problem with Lightburn. All other software on my computer have “normal” size fonts.

Does receiving no replies for two weeks mean I’m stuck using a magnifying glass to read Lightburn menu fonts?

Please test/confirm adjusting the system setting in Windows 10 for LightBurn to accommodate your fantastically huge monitor:

LightBurn is often run on older small laptops with small screens in workshops next to lasers. The opposite complaint is more common.

This may also be of interest:
https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/issue-with-font-size-cutting-off-all-leading-numbers/68716/41

1 Like

It’s also possible that the font size even though is showing a certain size doesn’t actually stick between restarts. Try clicking the font size bar once and see if that changes the font size.

I have that issue and have learned to just deal with the smaller font.

I had the same problem. Following these instructions help see the text and makes the software usable. The spacing between some of the text in the dialogs is still a bit small.

Would you be able to tell us if the software is going to get updated at all, making it more friendly to Windows 11 and high DPI screens?

John: I use a new, well-equipped Lenovo laptop. I do not have a “fantastically huge monitor” attached to it. The High DPI issues link made matters worse - only in the other direction. Using the recommended settings definitely made the menu fonts bigger. It also reduced the size of the working window so small it was unusable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.