Mirrored image using rotary mc

Hey there, I have An OMTech af2440 100w and I’m using a Mansfield customs rotary, my image in lightburn looks correct. However, when I engrave it onto the cup it’s mirrored, my origin is set to the top right where’s its always been, “mirror output” in rotary settings is not on, I cannot Figure out why this is happening all of a sudden. TIA.

More than likely, the two phases are swapped on the rotary…

You can ‘flip’ the rotary so it’s right side is on the left and vice versa… that will flip it back.

I had this issue on my PiBurn… I ran it flipped around until I got time to swap the wiring around…

This is mine, with the motor on the left… once I swapped phases, it worked ok.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I finally figured out if I toggled y axis direction polarity it works, so I’m sure the problem is what you mentioned, and like you I’ll run it this way till I can mess with the wiring lol, thanks for your response!

Great, good luck… These rotaries can be touchy, especially with vector graphics…

For some applications I have my acceleration of the Y axes (rotary) down to single digits… Keep in mind it limits how fast you can engrave…

I have multiple ‘machine setting’ files for different applications with and without the rotary. I can just ‘load from file system’ and write it to the controller…

Have fun

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.