When attempting multiple cut passes, the final pass creates a straight line. The file is fine and works in Makeblock Laserbox. I’m using an XTool D1 on the latest firmware. Any suggestions?
Some questions to better understand what’s going on:
- Is this repeatable? Does it happen in the same way every time?
- When during the final pass does it do this? Instead of the final pass, after the final pass has finished?
- Can you describe the path of the laser as the line was created?
- I assume you mean the source file? Please confirm.
- Do you have problems with any other burns?
Can you share the .lbrn file that was used to create this burn? Curious if something odd in it.
- Yes. When I tried different shapes and a different number of passes.
- It happens sometime in the middle of the final pass.
- It sounds like the Y stepper motor shuts off and then it jogs back and forth on the X as if it’s still going along the curves.
- Only multiple pass cuts. Single pass engraves are fine. I haven’t done multiple pass engraves.
This is almost certainly something with the D1 and not LightBurn itself but the symptoms are strange.
What’s odd is that you’re saying this never happens with Laserbox.
Could your observation that it seems like Y-axis is shutting off actually be the cause? Can you recheck all cabling on the Y-axis and make sure you have a good connection on both sides of the connector and no frays anywhere along the length?
Are you able to share the .lbrn file or no? Would be nice to rule out any issues in the design.
It’s very strange haha. All the cabling looks good. I’ve unplugged and replugged in. I’ve attached the file.
cat outline.lbrn2 (83.3 KB)
File looks fine. I checked the generated g-code and nothing in there that says “mess up the last pass”.
Maybe try saving the g-code and running the g-codein laserGRBL or other g-code sender. Would eliminate LightBurn from the equation.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.