Multiple Passes Question

Hello,
I have a problem with that function z step per Pass.

I want to Cut a form in multiple passes. After each Cut i want to move the bed.

I activated number of passes to 3 and “z step per Pass” to 2mm.
But the Z-axis doesnt move while the Cut makes its 3 Passes.

I activated the z Axis in the device settings.

Have you an Idea what i am doing wrong ?

Best regards
Cedric
! 1557253574694740239871321531051|281x500

It is a Ruida Controller and a 100w 100x60 Laser.

Someone an Idea ?

Thank you

Cedric

First question - is the Z axis motor controlled by your controller? Many machines have up/down buttons that control a DC motor. If your machine works this way, LightBurn will not be able to drive the Z.

Hello,
yes the Z-Axis is controlled by the controller. It is a Stepper driver with a stepper motor.

Any Ideas what went wrong ?

Are you able to jog the Z with the up/down buttons in LightBurn? If so, you should be able to move the Z with the pass steps. Which version of LightBurn are you using?

A post was split to a new topic: Z per pass not working

Hello,

I Just installed the newest Software ( 0.9.02) and can jog the Z-axis with the software.
Before i Had 0.8.5 i think but didnt Test moving z with Software.

But it IS also not working. It follows the shape x-times, but without moving the bed.

Number of passes : 3
Z step per Pass 3.00 mm
Z-axis enabled in settings
Relative Z moves only ist disabled (also not working when enabled)

I tried Focus Z and without Focus. When its focused i can only lower the bed (away from Laser), but not into the Laser.

Software Version is 0.9.02

Thanks for any Ideas to solve this.

Best regards
Cedric

1 Like

Have you enabled the Z control in the device settings in LightBurn? If not, you can jog the Z, but the software will not emit commands to move it during the job.

Hello,
It worked now. I Had to activate “relative Z moves” and so Not Autofocus the Z-axis.

Thank you for your Help.

Cedric

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.