My Crab is mush

Think of it differently: you didn’t buy a roller, you bought a parts kit with most of the pieces you’ll need to build a real roller. :grin:

That’s not quite as cynical as it sounds, because often a cheap thing gets you Good Enough™ parts at half the price you’d pay for them individually. All it takes is finishing the last 10% of the engineering and manufacturing required to make something useful that works the way you know it should:

1 Like

Half empty huh?

I’d prefer to think that you paid for your education and next time you will make a better decision.

All of us look back and say, I wish I would have …

I purchased a PiBurn 3, not a low cost item, but you can see the difference in the machine itself.

Hang in there…

:smile_cat:

I actually bought this one a month ago. Never could get it to work. that was because the freak’n wiring for the y-axis was foobard.

At that point in time, I didn’t know the wiring was screwed on my y-axis. I actually spoke with Jason about his rotary. It even had him stumped. Thanks to the forum, we got the Monport working.

I’m going to try and buy another one from Jason. I figure I’ll have to re-solder the aviator plug. Maybe a RotoBoss? I just want to engrave tumbers and glassware. Thought I had it until I started with longer text which really shined a light on this rotary.

Never entered my mind that the rotary I bought would be just a kit of parts.

I really want a chuck style rotary

Maybe a

Jack, are you happy with your Pie ? Has it served you well? What do you engrave with her? I’m also looking at RotoBoss as well as Jason’s Rotary at Mansfieldcustoms.

I do like it, but I paid for it… There is a newer version, I’m not buying another one …

It addresses a majority of the issues that rotaries seem to have.

I haven’t used a chuck type. it’s limited in the size of the object you can use, which on many wheeled rotaries are not as limiting. This is just clearance, mostly. I don’t know how well you can hold a larger mug with metal teeth on the chuck. I worry about damage to the object from it being ‘clamped’ on…

Pick what you can afford and what will do the job you want done the best way possible.

Sometimes you to — pay your money and take your chances — just like the rest of us … :crazy_face:

Thanks Sense… it’s all good.

Roll the bones and see what happens. I’m hoping to get a refund from Monport. Sent a ticket in, no response back yet. No matter which brand I buy, I already know I’ll have to do some soldering as well … :wink:

You can get around this by spending a lot of money on a machine that has support … few of us would have these… there’s a certain amount of work equity required… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Not everybody is responsive… Good luck with that.

Just get y’self a PiBurn Grip for, oh, Easter! :supervillain:

I was just out there, sniffing around. I’ll probably order one tomorrow. A friend of mine here at the plant that is in Mait, want’s to look at my rotary tomorrow to see what if anything can be tweeked. I like that PiBurn though.

After my last laser purchase a few days ago :+1:, I’m lucky to be eating beans… let alone a rotary upgrade :sob:

You guys crack me up.

Guess what I just discovered.

The 2 drive wheels and the 2 rear wheels aren’t parallel with each other. This whole thing is a mess. A blind man must have put this thing together. I need to get a pic of this, and add it to my tech ticket.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKqC6Q0JveJWloze4ArWADNOfxNJV9-K/view?usp=sharing

Onward and upward.

No matter what you thought you were buying, it’s a parts kit.

I rest my case. :hammer:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.