My Ortur Laser Master 2 Laser will not turn off during job with Lightburn

Hi, I just got the Ortur Laser Master 2 and was testing it out when an issue popped up. Initially I had issue with it just stopping but found out I had a bad USB cable and fixed that but now a new issue has it the laser does not turn off. I tried engrave text and it just gives me a solid line the laser never turns off. When I did just empty boxes it the laser stays on as it moves from one box to the next leaving a burn mark across the board. I am not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. Any insight would be appreciated.

How about a photo to show what is happening? … … So when you power on the engraver, I assume the laser does not just turn on? How about when you “frame” the engraving image with the SHIFT key pressed? The laser fires, as it frames the image? then shuts off? … or … is it just that between words and letters, that the laser stays on? Photo please

The laser is staying on full power the burned dots you see are from me using the laser fire button in light burn at the lowest setting. Instead the laser came on full power. The line you see was supposed to be spaced out letters but it just drew a line right across. Also when the job is done the laser does not power down, as in its still firing at full power I have to turn off the machine to get it to stop.

1 Like

This is, in my opinion, a hardware issue, not software. Open a ticket at Ortur and show them what you have done. I suspect a controller brd, but they need to truly determine that. https://ortur.tech/support/

Did you ever find a solution or what the issue is? I’m having the same problem???

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. Mein Fehler, eine falsche anbindung an LightburnProblem

Any fix for this? Mine started doing this today despite last night it being fine.

I had to contact Ortur they had a test I had to do and it turned out the main board had a short they shipped me a new one very quickly.