My Ortur laser was running the lost connection and won't home

I have been running my Ortur Laser Master 2 most of the day and suddenly it lost connection. Now it gives me the ALARM:9
Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

I don’t understand what it is needing. I have not changed any settings from the original when it was loaded. I have checked all of the wires. It was working fine. I was moving to center my next piece when it lost connection with Lightburn. I have connection now but it doesn’t move from the center of the board where I was moving it to. It doesn’t move at all.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Have you checked your power supply. The control board brains (5V) can be powered by the USB port and will say it is connected, but the motors will not move if the motion part of the board is not fed 12V. This will then give you the ALARM:9.

Thank you. I just want out over my lunch to take video that gear best asked for so they could review and when I get it all connected it was working. I guess it had a hiccup.?.

It ended up losing connection again half way through. I am wondering if it isn’t the cables. They sent cords with it that are that great fitting. The plug-in has an adapter that fits loosely. We have to tape it. The usb cable on the laser end is also loose fitting.