My RECI W2 laser tube was power goin weak day by day

my reci W2 laser tube power is goin to be weak day by day. I have changed the power supply, clean all mirrors and check mirror alignment but it has the same results. it’s used only 356h and buying from China.

the mA meter shows the correct value and the tube firing beam looks good. but now
3mm Acrylic cutting
power 60%
speed 8
1 pass

Before
3mm Acrylic cutting
power 35%
speed 18
1 pass

please any one can help?

can you post a photo of the tube label?

I had exactly this issue with my Chinese RECI. It got to the point that the tube would lase, (purple beam down length of tube), but it couldn’t char paper on mirror 1.

I changed the HV PSU for a 100W, since that’s what the tube was spec’d to be, an 80W supply was shipped in the machine, but no improvement.

I sent a video of this behaviour to the vendor and they agreed to replace the tube. To achieve this, I had to break the output end off the tube and photograph it (and its serial number) beside the tube label serial number. This proved I wasn’t trying to score a free spare tube, I guess.

A couple of weeks later (I’m in Australia) a new RECI tube turned up. This one has worked perfectly.

Chinese laser machines are cheap because they’re made from parts that didn’t pass final inspection. I’ve never regretted buying mine, but it hasn’t been without challenges.

Not sure how to link to an old topic, but here’s the original conversation I had on this site.

Where are the parts sold that did pass inspection?

I disagree with this as a blanket statement.

All manufactured items produce a percentage of parts that do not pass inspection. These parts are not thrown away, but are sold as seconds or grade B parts to other vendors.

Someone who buys these 2nd’s resells them. I’ve seen it on sites, Reci 80W tube, at a lower cost than a major vendor, like OMTech would sell them. These 80W tubes fail to reach the target wattage. Reci isn’t going to throw them out, then sell them at discount prices to vendors who may and probably do resale them as NEW Reci 80W tubes. Technically truthful. They are new and they are the 80W tube, they just don’t produce an 80W output.

Same with lps that don’t respond fast enough… Who has the ability to test most of this stuff?

They, like the rest of the Chinese products line that makes money, mainly because they pay their workers next to nothing and expect a 6 days a week and a 10 to 12 hour day from the workers.

I’ve seen little evidence along with I haven’t been to China, but videos usually show these large manufacturers, but have never seen one that didn’t appear to be just a big warehouse.

Of the few I’ve seen of them manufacturing, I don’t see any evidence of who is actually manufacturing them. Very common practice for a company to mass produce this stuff and just put whatever logo they need on the machine.

OMTech China Blue is a 50W machine… When I got mine, it read just over 40W… what did OMTech do? they coughed up a few bucks to me… They still sell the same machine as a 50W, when they clearly know is not true. A 50W tube should be a meter in length, my case wasn’t that wide and not a Tardis.

:smile_cat:

Please check the flowing link

It looks fine, the cathode is a bit tanned from being worked but the plasma looks okay.
What is the condition of the lens on the laser tube?

Some time laser beam is moving on lense side that time output power is very weak meter shows 3mA. When laser beam is straight (not moving) that time output power is little stronger I give 60% power then cutting 3mm Acrylic 1 pass meter shows m
19mA. I have never check the tube lense yet. Today I will check and upload some pic.

Thank you

1. properly operating tube
  2. clean and aligned optics
  3. proper focus

If you have these three, then they work…

See if you can isolate which one…

I’d suggest you start at number 1.

I think I got the problem
I have removed the safety Len’s and clean tube lens after checked it will come more power
Now 3mm Acrylic can cut s12 p45 1pass.

The Tube lens is look fine no burn inside

Thank you :+1:

Thank you :+1:

So what is the best water for chiller ?

Some one use Rain water

I’m using Battery water ( distilled water)

Distilled is probably the least costly and easiest to obtain.

I use a coolant from OMTech that is basically an antifreeze, but made for lasers.