Mystery Lines Showing Up

Not sure if this is allowed - but I am having some weird issues I haven’t come across before.
I am altering the image in Imaengine and saving as an SVG. The preview looks fine - but I’m not sure if this is a software issue, hardware (chuck rotary), or a file issue.

I am using a Rudia controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it looks like skipped steps on the rotary motor. But then it doesn’t… :face_with_monocle:

Can you post the file?

It’s an SVG. I cant upload it. Can I email it to you?

I meant the LightBurn project file.

Dog Portriats.lbrn (1.6 MB)

I am pretty confident your problem is the min power setting being too low (especially considering the difference from Max power).

You also should go into your controller configuration and check the following:

Just asking - not trying to sound rude - but the other image ran just fine with the same settings. Is this because of the distance of travel?

I don’t think it’s the settings in this case - it could be that the cup moved in the rotary, or that you had something else in the file that you didn’t show in the LBRN file. I looked at the project and didn’t see anything that stands out as incorrect.

Thanks Oz - I thought that at first as well - however, it happened 4 different times.

I thought the same, but when looking at the work, if the cup had moved, there would be distortion. In this case, there is burned areas above and below the solid white stripe and then there is the foggy area where it looks like incomplete burn off of the powder coating:

That’s why I suggested this as well:

Well, there’s one way to find out. Make min and max the same! :slight_smile:

No need to have any variance on this type of work anyway. It is basically, Operation Powder Coat Vaporization

And White on these cups always seems to really be tricky.

I’ll try the min/max - makes sense cause there is detail in those lines as well.

I never set Min / Max differently when engraving on powder coated steel. There is so much heat sink, so much powder coating to strip, and there isn’t the same concern here for scorching the material like acrylic or wood.

Got it to work at 125ms 65H/65L.
Thought it was weird that it didn’t work at 150 85/58.

I have had similar issues on glass using mask tape.using k40 laser with mini gerbil

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.