Need Help: Line Wobble on start and end of engraving

Hi,

I am new in this forum and would like to ask for your help.

I have a China Laser with a Ruida 644XS board. My problem is getting how can I adjust my laser to optimize its engraving capability.

the problem: wobbly lines on the start and end of the engraving

Can anyone guide me on how to adjust my laser machine? to correct this issue

Thanks

Have you first confirmed your lens is snug in the lens tube and not wobbling due to the acceleration/deacceleration?

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have confirmed and checked that the lens is snugly fit in the lens tube. I have read that you can adjust the “Y acceleration” on the machine but since I am a new user for this laser machine I have know idea on how to adjust “Y acceleration” using the software.

Do you have any idea on how to do this?

Line wobble: https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/ScanningOffsetAdjustment.md#line-wobble

To adjust the acceleration you would use Edit > Machine Settings. Find the settings for engraving, and adjust the Y acceleration there. Write down the original number, change one thing at a time, and test in between. When you make a change, click ‘Write’ to send it to the controller.

Hi,

Thank you for your resposnse.

I have adjusted the Y acceleration and still I cannot manage to get rid of the wobble. See Attached image:

What I currently suspect for this problem:

1.) The machine sways/shakes as I engrave. I may have to reinforce the footings of the machine?
2.) Faulty lens? Or belt?

Let me know what are your thoughts.

You can also adjust the Y speed used for engraving (try lower). It doesn’t look like an issue with belts or your lens. You could try lowering the X acceleration too - different axis, but some of the shake may be from that.

Have not tried to adjust sa x acceleration yet. I will give a feedback once I have tested it. I am currently away from the machine.

I adjusted the X axis acceleration and did the trick.

Thank you all for your insights

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.