Need some help- i've messed something up

Afternoon everyone,

I don’t know what I’ve done but its driving me crazy. I’m trying to burn images that worked fine before but now are coming out terrible. I’ve been trying to make sure I’m in focus and it seems to be, but my eyes aren’t what they use to be. Attached are a couple of pictures to show you what I mean. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks

The first tile is from a few weeks ago, the second is from today. Used the same lbrn file, same settings.

You likely have the Z or the lens focus at a different point from when you did the first one. The focus pattern you show looks like 0 is closest, but not there yet.

I suspect its a focus issue, my eyes are terrible for trying to focus looking at the point. Which way do you think I should turn the focus?

I honestly have no idea - Turn on the beam at the lowest power you can see it, using the ‘Fire’ button on the ‘Move’ window. (You might have to enable the fire button in Edit > Device Settings if you’ve never done this)

Twist the lens until it goes out of focus, twist back to focused, and past it, and then try to twist it back to halfway between those two points.

Here is the last couple runs on the focus test. The left is the most recent, only a slight turn between the two.

Try cleaning your mirrors and lens and recheck focus

No mirrors on an X-Carve, but there is a lens and focus. @rondolg - The left test on the above looks finer than the right one. I think you’re on the right track there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.