NEJE (4 wire) Laser on Ortur Laser Master (3 wire)

I am trying to install 30 Watt NEJE Laser laser module on on my Ortur Laser Master II. The NEJE laser is a 4 wire unit with +12v/GND/PWM/Temp while the Ortur module is 3 wire +12v/GND/PWM (minus the serial temp wire which operates at 200 baud). I tried wiring in the +12v/GND/PWM to the NEJE and not connecting the Temp serial line (not sure if it is bi-directional but think not). The indicator light on the laser came on, however I could not get the laser to fire. I then tried the board which came with the NEJE connecting the PWM to the NEJE control board and still nothing. The laser did work with the manual controls so know that all works. The NEJE module says the PWM is 3.3 to 12 volts however I can not find the specs for the Ortur to see if they match. Has any one made this mod or aware of the Ortur PWM spec’s? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The NEJE module is a 4pin design with heat management, and the ttl interface is 3.3-12v, meaning that the power is not controlled by voltage, but by ripple duty cycle.

Correct, so how does one adapt it to work with an Ortur Laser?

Neje laser module accessories provide interface adapter board. For the convenience of customers who do not understand direct wiring control, it can be 3pin input (12V+GND+ttl) or 2pin+2pin input (12V, GND+TTL+GND);

https://wiki.nejetool.com/doku.php?id=laser_switch_board_v1

Thank you and yes tried this first by running the PWM from the Ortur to the TTL input however this did not seem to work.

Digital PWM Wave Pulse Signal, Adjustable Frequency Duty Cycle to adjust power, You can send a video to NEJE customer service, NEJE customer will help you solve it. service@nejetool.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.