Neje Master 2s MAX Connection issue

Hey, I am an architecture student and I bought the laser cutter Neje 2s Max, thinking it would help me to not miss deadlines but ohhh boy was I wrong… I’m super lost, since I thought I had bought a consumer friendly machine that actually is usable with good software, but I find myself stuck with awful software and maybe the worst understanding of how to fix my issues or whom to ask, hope you can help me…

Gabriel :slight_smile:

With that I think we can say welcome to the hobby. Fortunately LightBurn does make the software side a ton better.

Can you explain what issue you’re experiencing?

So actually I just stumbled upon a guide for the 2s non max, so I think I am good, only question that remains is if and how I can calibrate the laser, I mean do I shoot it with the same intensity at 1.5 mm carton the same way I would do 1 cm plywood, probably not… And I imagine there is also a hight that you can adjust it so it doesn’t burn down your table, so many questions…

There are a variety of power scale patterns that you can use to help calibrate power and speed levels. That’s a good starting place.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum.
Gabriel, do not get me wrong, but you write you are an architecture student. Here where I live, this study takes 5 years. I would not exactly claim that it requires a master’s degree to be able to work effectively with a laser machine and LightBurn, but some training and some time is needed to master both. Just as you want to become an architect and are ready to spend the necessary time for the education itself, you should set aside the necessary time and willingness to learn to use your new tool, otherwise it will be useless to you.
But we would like to help you along the way if you are willing to go.

How and where do I find them?

Don’t worry I have plenty of willingness, I’m just pretty dumb when talking about computer and electronic stuff

There are many available in this forum that you can search for. Try “powerscale test” or “test pattern” to begin with.

1 Like