NEJE Master 2s Max Stopping in Lightburn

Hi, could you tell us what the problem is you’re having, you have told us what you have done to solve it but not exactly what it is…
What happens when you turn the laser on.
Does it connect to LB?
Are you using USB ?
etc etc.

I opened a photo I want to use and have resized it to roughly 4x4 inchs just to test. I have tried grayscale and the jarvis options for testing. My laser connects and says i am using grbl1.1f. It runs through and goes to the home position. I pressed the frame button and moved my material to engrave. I press start and it will start engraving. I have my power set to 50 Percent and running it at a speed of 4000 mm/min. I have switched to a better USB cable and tried 3 different ports. The baud rate is the same for both my USB Port and in Lightburn. It will start to engrave. Sometimes it will get to the full 100 %. Next time it may make it to 50 % and the the next it will get to 70%. It will stop engraving and moving. There is no errors that show in the console I have even selected to show all in the console to see each line as it engraves.

Well I have the 460 x 610 model and it with the 40 watt module. Running Lightburn on an HP laptop. Also prior ran an NEJE 20 watt setup with NEJE software. Anyway I have Lightburn running right from the get go. Using USB connection. Default comm settings.

Several thousand at this point. :wink:

There have been some issues with a batch of Ortur motherboards, so you may want to reach out the nice folks at Ortur Support for further assistance.

Update. Got another main board. It did 3 Jarvis photos perfect. Tried a grayscale image and it stopped at 82%. Could the large grayscale images be an issue.

Please stop double posting. I am trying to offer you assistance in another post, then finding your same comment here. Please don’t. We will get to you, but this ensures we will be out of breath, chasing the same issue. :wink:

Sorry for the double posting.i will only post here moving forward.

Ok I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot I am sorry. I got the NEJE master 2s max. It does connect to Lightburn. I am running it at the 115200 baud rate. I am using GRBL 1.1f. I have imported a photo and went to engrave in grayscale. I have set my speed to 4000 mm/min and my power to 50% just to test. I have set DPI to 250 for testing and press run. It will engrave and it looks ok. After no certain amount of time it will stop in the middle of the project. Sometimes it goes 30% next time my be 87%. Seems to me by looking and hearing it seems like the movement slows down about 3 to 5 lines before it finally stops. I looked in the console and there is no error message or alarms. I have tried pressing pause then start again and that does not work. I had already bought a replacement 2s main board and have it installed. I tried the same settings on a grayscale image with the same result stopped at 82%. I was able to do 4 images when I selected Jarvis it worked perfect. It did not slow down or stop. I have contacted NEJE support and showed them a couple videos. They said I needed to replace the main board and are sending me one.

I am still trying a number of things but with no success. My question is what are the strange symbols in the console.

Is this unit grounded? We have seen reports that identify static interruption or interference disrupting the communication between the computer and the motion control board.

Yes I ran a wire from top of fan of laser to the x axis. Then from x axis to the board and from the y axis to a ground outlet. The USB plug seemed loose where it plugs into main board. I was able to zip tie it up so it does not move.

Here is the latest. I have installed the 3rd 2s board and it is still stopping. Here is a little video you can hear how slow it is running. I was trying it at 2700mm/min at 38% power. It is clearing moving slower than 2700mm/min. The power seems to adjust ok when it slows it was not burning. The stepper motors are not hot. I thought maybe I had a bad stepper.
30w NEJE slowing down. - YouTube

SORRY NO SOLUTION BUT I WILL ADD THAT MY NEW 40w 2S MAX HAS THE SAME ISSUE - WORKS GREAT WITH NEJE S/W BUT ONLY AT FOCUSING POWER WITH LIGHTBURN. LIKE YOU I TRIED ALL KINDS OF SETTING CHANGES OF POWER AND SPEED - NOTHING. I WROTE A SMALL G CODE TEST PROGRAM - PROGRAM RUNS AND XY STEPPERS WORK PROPERLY BUT AGAIN ONLY FOCUSING POWER. WHEN I GO BACK TO NEJE SOFTWARE I HAVE FULL POWER THAT SAYS ITS NOT A HARDARE (DIODE PROBLEM) BUT SOME SOFTWARE INTERFACE - LIKELY ON THE NEJE SIDE - THEY NEED TO JUMP IN HERE AND FIX THIS.
IF ANYONE RECENTLY HAS SOLVED THE PUZZLE - PLEASE POST (DON’T THINK THIS WAS AN ISSUE WITH EARLIER 30w 2\S SYSTEMS BUT IT REARED ITS HEAD AGAIN.
THANKS,
DENNIS

I have really given up on the NEJE board. According to what I have read and seen. Seems NEJE got some quality control issues and some bad board got out. Do not think they know where there at. NEJE is sending me yet another board this will be the 4th board I have tried. It is not a usb cable issue, not a electric interference issue and it is not a grounding issue of any kind. I bought the Acro System from Openbuilds. Also got there controller and power supply. I am using the same USB cable and the 30w neje module. I have no issues at all, no stopped engraves, and no weird characters symbols in lightburn. My suggestion is to contact NEJE and good luck. I have been trying since mid April.

Contactedzf NEJE as well with controller issues with my 2S Max system. They wanted me to make a video of the problem - a video of a diode laser module doing nothing?
Anyway unless they come through with some real help I’ll be following in your footsteps - new controller. Did you consider using the Black Box controller from OpenBuilds retrofit onto the NEJE hardware - seems like a couple hundred dollar cheaper solution than switching over to the Acro XY hardware and the Black Box controller. Your feedback much appreciated.
Dennis

That’s a pretty old processor (8bit AT-Mega328P) in that one. I would look into some of the more recent 32 bit controllers, pretty cheap even on Amazon. Big Tree has a couple of nice ones (look for SKR V1.4). You can put GRBL or SmoothieWare (or SmoothieWare that speaks GRBL).

thanks for the good feedback - any issues with running Lightburn output through them?

I have an older K40 EBAY laser. I got it all set up and got tired of messing with the mirrors. Still got the Smoothieware and Cohesion3D boards for it. Wonder if I can take those out along with the power supply and use it on my NEJE.

@Geekineer , @gallatinrick , I use the C3D board in my K40 using Lightburn and have had absolutely no issues. I also have a Big Tree SKRV1.4 board that I got as an insurance policy in case my NEJE system craps out. So far, I’ve had no issues with the NEJE system (LM2S-30W) but I fully expect that the Big Tree board will handle the job should I need it.

I should add that I haven’t run the NEJE system for any substantially long burns. I’m not sure what the longest run has been. I’ll have to check my files tomorrow and see what I’ve done. I’ve done over 7 hours on the K40.

Having same issues