Neje with A40460 can I run 100% Power

sounds like a good thing to do… cheers

Thanks for the explanation. < 3% is pretty dependable.

I would think the lens would not be that much of a loss. The lens must ‘heat’ up dissipating that loss.

With a laser I would assume that the beam diameter would not be useful as it’s the power across the whole beam. Guess I’m used to the Mahoney in that I just stick it in the beam, check mirrors and all along the way. Never worried about focus.

Thanks again…

:smiley_cat:

That’s good to know. You should keep a log of # of hours on the diode. I’m genuinely curious how well it fares. And Gil’s guidance that at least for Ortur they expect a 5% degradation almost right away but tapering off after that.

Not sure if you’re the type but running a weekly or monthly test card and dating it would be super insightful.

thanks I will start this log today, only setup last week so should still be acurate

1 Like

It absorbs quite a LOT actually, which is why the dual diodes with a prism suffer from a lot of power loss- In fact i remember Endurance lasers biggest on their 15W plus was to find a prism that wouldnt melt!
Lense absorbing power = heat
Any imperfection in glass will result in cracked lenses or aberrations

Not all lenses absorbe the same though
3 element lenses are the worse, more glass → more absoption.

But again, measuring without a lense is like running a car power test on a dyno. Sure is a good figure but not exactly real world applicable.

Its funny I just had the msg from the Neje Agent who told me its fine to run the laser at 100% power. the retracted the message and replaced with its fine to run at 100% but only for short periods and nothing over 3hours. Thats ok I only ever cut the odd sheet and that might take 5-10min

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.