A bit of a teaser. I’m rebuilding the front panel and power distribution on my 700x500. I’ve been really unhappy with the “quality” of the rear outlets and wanted to move the power meter I added to make it more visible. I also wanted to add some control switches. The rear outlets will be switched via relay for blower/exhaust, “AUX1”, and “AUX2”, with one outlet always on (if the chassis is on). The 4th switch will be dead; maybe future rotary enable or something…
I used 22ga steel cut with my 6040 CNC. No plasma cutter for me. Learning a bit as I go along with the CNC too, though. The front panel is cut and I’m waiting for the paint to dry. I still need to cut the rear power panel. I’m using standard 15A duplex outlets with a steel 4-way mount. Also replacing the C14 power receptacle.
One additional point that make you go, “hmmm.” The neutral, in addition to the line, are switched which seems to be a bit of a bad thing. I’m going to re-do without a switched neutral. It’s also fused at 20A and I’ll drop that to 15A.
Hopefully more to show tomorrow.