New Feature Suggestion - Exhaust Fan Run Button

Many times I find it would be helpful to be able to turn the exhaust fan on before and or after a job. Could a button be created to turn the fan on and off? Is that a possibility?

I can’t speak to the feature request, but what I did was wire up a relay board to some latching switches so I can keep stuff on/off as I use it. Once ready to cut I push the buttons I need and then go send the job, then when I get there I push them again – Cutting it was a fun first project too:

Another method, not addressing the feature request, is to use wireless electrical outlet switch units. Small boxes that plug into an outlet, with an outlet on top and a number to match the remote control. The five units from one box control my tube fan (to prevent condensation), cooling unit, UV light, exhaust fan and nozzle air pump.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Electrical-Household-Appliances-Certified/dp/B0087EIDRS

1 Like

One could also use the M7 and M8 commands, depending on the controller of course.
M9 would switch both off. (Works on GRBL LPC) and then you switch a relais which activates a plug.
I do this with air Assist even automatically from Lightburn on my MKS SBase.
You could use the Macro buttons for switching.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.