New LB Version, Same Ol' Bug

Filled Smooth

Wireframe Smooth

Preview

File
bgc_displaybug1.2.01.lbrn2 (27.1 KB)

Cool, thanks. Have a great day.

The reason this is happening is because the fingers are somehow showing as open shapes.

To remedy:

1. Ungroup object
  2. Select the internal shapes, Edit->Close path
  3. Regroup if desired
  4. Profit

It’ll engrave exactly how I want already. This is merely a display bug with certain filled shapes. Thank you though.

In this case I don’t think it’s a display bug. As-in it’s displaying as it should based on the internal objects being perceived to not be closed. You can check this by ungrouping and doing Edit->Select open shapes. It will highlight the internal shapes as being open.

I would tend to think it may be a bug in determining closed paths, a bug in the path topology, or possibly a set of malformed paths.

This also implies that the code path for rendering laser path is different than the code for display. This makes sense now that I’m thinking about it but hadn’t occurred to me before.

Oddly enough, when I went to engrave this file about a year ago now, I never had any issues.

Yeah. That implies that the code to determine the actual laser path is interpreting it correctly (or maybe incorrectly if the paths are actually correct), or at least in the way that you expect.

Obviously an issue somewhere along the chain. Only meant to point out that based on those internal shapes showing as not closed that the display behavior is unsurprising.

I do think there are still some lingering issues with either node topology (not sure if this is the correct term) or general path closure detection although I haven’t really had a chance to explore that since 1.2.00 released.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.