New Method for White Tile Engraving: Norton White Tile Principal Component Method

Ah yeah sorry! I’m running a default ortur lm2 “15w” (~4.5w). Pretty much everything ran at 318dpi 750mm /min 80% power 90 deg scan.

The big difference is the “home” tiles I first ran a scan at 90 deg at 1200mm/min and a second pass at 0deg to fill out some vertical striping that is starting to present. Turned out a second perpendicular pass really helps make those sold blacks super dark.

All the line tracing was ran at 750mm / min 80% power.

As for the photo editing I pre process in GIMP setting the image size & dpi and desaturating. Then I use the shape properties in lightburn to tweak the image for engraving, typically use a Jarvis dithering if raster engraving.

As for shape properties I tend to keep the same machine settings and use the gamma as my primary tool for darkness modulation, images depending on the original I tend to run @ 0.5-0.2 gamma. Contrast typically set to 3 or 5 will make the whites on an image free from shading from lightburn. Often with a 25 enhance radius and 233 enhance value.

After my image is set I export the gcode and actually use LaserGRBL as my sender to the machine. I find the image preview in laserGRBL provides a good “second opinion” on the actual outcome of the workpiece, and the software it’s self is just a bit less resource intensive among other minor things I like about it as a sender for GRBL based diode machines.

1 Like