New User HELP error 25

I have asked Gearbest where I bought it from … but so far although I have had answers no resolutions :grin:

I think you need to do what Jeff re-posted above and save the GCode file and post it so we can take a look.

When u say save g code I don’t know what you mean sorry, I’m just learning

once you have you job done, there should be an option to save the GCode file, that is the set commands that gets sent to your laser to do the engraving job.

I think somewhere in the Lightburn interface you should see a button to save as GCode, might be near where you send the job to the laser.

I don’t run the GBRL version, so I’m not sure where it is. If you don’t find the button, you might also check in the file pull down menu along the top.

And I just noticed I’ve been typing GBRL, it’s GRBL, oops

GRBL error:25 means that the GCode wasn’t received correctly - basically a command got scrambled. Check that all the wiring connections are secure, and try a different USB plug on your computer.

This is such a tomorrow job as it’s 1.10 GMTthanks Joel for taking the time to answer … I will look at this tomorrow and will await your answer :smile:

USB connection is decidedly loose on ortur will let Gearbest know thank you for your time

You just heard from the expert. Hopefully real progress follows

@Pauline

You make any progress?

Hi Joel, somewhat… I now have it working on my daughters MacBook Pro

I have replaced the printer wire … so now I am getting a full programme… However its not burning anything now … I was going to

let youS know but I have stepped away from the machine so that no One gets hurt lol… I will keep you updated. Pauline

Make sure air assist is turned off…i had a similiar problem until i turned it off

Hi Thomas where do I find the air assist ? :blush:

Air assist option is near top of the cut settings editor
Click box by air assist

Thanks so much guys… I will try this later

Hi all,
I switched off the air assist … but still the same laser fires up and finishes the programme … not a scorch mark on the wood :woman_facepalming:t4:

See if this post helps. I have read many laser not firing issues and it always seems to be a setting. This was a master 1 and not 2, I don’t know what the difference is. I saw one where it was a faulty laser.

Also follow this new thread, looks like a rep from Ortur is on it.

Hi Joel/all
The latest from ortur was do not switch on the laser again, send us pics of wiring … so sounds like it may not be my fault … sheesh !!! really happy with response from ortur thus far… once again thank you all for your help.
Stay safe
Pauline

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.