New user speed too fast and what box adjusts power

Hi thanks for the add. I’m adrian from essex uk. I have a k40 and recently swapped from m2 to mini gerbil and lightburn

I originally used laserdrw then went to whisperer about a month ago.

I think I have the gist where you set the colour and from that colour you say engrave or cut similar to whisper within the red and black lines.
I tried a item I sell and it was running too fast maki g the machine be like r2d2 breakdancing so what is a decent speed to cut engrave. From whisperer I used 8mms cut and between 250 300 engrave. I changed settings But still seems to make no difference.

Also the items I use a font which comes out as a star sign (horoscopes) the previous software fully engraved it. This only did outlines

Another question is power as I saw a few boxes with power % (in the cut box, when you click on properties in the image and somewhere else) it seemed a but confusing what box to select

I’m not with my machine atm so this is from memory but hope ya know what I mean
Tia

Hi Adrian. If you’re new, my best suggestion would be to go through a couple of the project tutorials we have on YouTube to get familiar with the settings and how to use them. For the moment, your questions are all over the map a little bit, and somewhat confusing.

I think many of them will be answered in the video I’ve linked below, and then if you still have more, ask away.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.