Newbie-Set Up Issues

Laser - NEJE Master 2s Max
GRBL 1.1f
Lightbrun 0.9.20
I am experiencing a number of issues. I created a video that can be seen here. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Issues -

1. Laser Power is set to 100% it’s barely engraving the wood.
  2. What I can see engraved is mirrored from the original
  3. When using the Up arrow on the Y-axis the laser is moving towards me and the arrow point towards me moves the laser in the opposite direction.
  4. Home button moves the laser to the upper left corner (as set in the Device Manager) when it gets to the corner it studders in the Y-axis.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

With a GCode based system, this origin corner or 0,0 location for your laser is almost always at the front left, regardless of the location of your limit switches. The origin setting is where the ‘zero’ point of your X & Y axis meet. This setting also controls the orientation of the output - if it’s wrong, the output from your laser may be mirrored or upside down.

Go to Device Setting and flip the selection to the lower-left and try that.

Hey Rick,

Thanks. That fixed the issues. The laser is work fine at lower power and no more mirror is.
Much appreciated

Ok, on to the next issue. I am trying to Engrave and image into wood. Nothing is engraving.
Settings are as follows:
Speed: 6000
Max Power: 100.00
Line Interval: .042 600 DPI
Image Mode: Grayscale (was dither, I changed it)

It depends on what material you’re using but i would say if it’s ‘wood’, bring your speed down to about 2500 and the power down to around 60%.
I would also drop the ‘dpi’ to about 250.
Use scrap material and use small adjustments until you get what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.