NO network option after install?

Hello, new to lightburn, after installing i only have Merlin for a option to connect to my laser, ethernet should be there as well. What do i wrong ?

Can’t find anything on the ‘Topwish’ controller. So I’m afraid I can’t really help you. It might help if you could explain the controller (link?) and an example of your machine (general curiosity). All of this helps.

Is it a grbl or dsp controller?

:smiley_cat:

I`m using autolaser (sorry) to connect by ip adres: 192.168.2.20 (local), also called : Wavetopsign WT-A3 CO2 Laser Controller, maybe this will help me to get into lightburn :slight_smile:

It looks like Topwish may be a Topwisdom clone or a sub-brand. I don’t believe Lightburn currently supports network connection with Topwisdom controllers at this time.

According to Lightburn

“We currently support most Ruida, Trocen, TopWisdom, and GCode based controllers. Supported GCode controllers,include Grbl, Smoothieware, Grbl-LPC, and Marlin. Supported Ruida controllers include the RDC6442G/S, RDC6445G, RDC6332G, RDLC-320A, and R5-DSP. Supported Trocen controllers include the AWC708C, AWC608, and TL-3120.”

Don’t see the WT-A3 listed.

Did find it

Maybe @LightBurn can advise you on if this is a supported controller or will be. It doesn’t appear to be, but I’m not the expert and I’ve been fooled before.

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

We don’t support Ethernet connections for TopWisdom controllers yet - their protocol is not a straightforward port of the serial communication when using Ethernet, and I haven’t been able to “crack it” yet.

Thats to bad, but very glad you all toke the time, maybe in the future then.
Wish you all the best.

There we go, it worked on the USB connection directly. :slight_smile: but now is the question, what version do i need ?

For TopWisdom, it’s the DSP version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.