Node edit question

Here’s a problem I’ve stumbled across several times.

I have a complex shape and it has a cluster of nodes that I want to select and accurately move to a new position.

I can select the nodes and drag them manually, but I can’t use the Xpos/Ypos boxes to accurately position them. If I use Xpos/Ypos it moves the entire shape not just the selected nodes.

Is there currently way to move only selected nodes with Xpos/Ypos? Could there be?

Thanks!

[quote=“Hank, post:1, topic:31082, full:true”]I can select the nodes and drag them manually, but I can’t use the Xpos/Ypos boxes to accurately position them. If I use Xpos/Ypos it moves the entire shape not just the selected nodes.

Is there currently way to move only selected nodes with Xpos/Ypos? Could there be?[/quote]

I can select a single or range of nodes and use cursor keys to move only those selected nodes

Click/drag or shift/click to select the nodes, arrow keys to move. Set the amount you move in settings - I use 1mm/5mm, but have set it to 0.5mm/2mm for precision work

Thanks Bo & Ralph, using the arrow keys and the small move increments works OK but it’s kind of a pain to go in to the menu and change the increment value to suit the current need, and just leaving it set to an ultra-low value like 0.001" is kind of frustrating too.

The easiest (for me) way I’ve found so far is to draw a short line and snap one end of it to the node(s) that want moving. Then with just the line selected I use the X &YPos boxes to move the end of the line to the new location and then grab the nodes and snap them back to the end of the line.
That gets the job done accurately but it sure seems like it would be nice if when you were in the node edit mode then X&YPos would only move the selected nodes.

You can create a shape, like a circle, set the position of it exactly, then drag/snap the nodes to that shape (or its center). We don’t have the ability to numeric edit the nodes yet, though that’s come up a bunch lately.

Thanks Oz. I am currently using a “sacrificial shape” and moving and snapping to it like you suggested but I think it would e swell if you could do numeric edit on nodes.

Should I add a feature request to fider for this?

Fider has closed their doors and we’re working on finding an alternative. That said, I’ll just log this is a feature / bug in our database.

Awesome! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.