Not burning what is on display

I am new to Lightburn/Laser engraving, also first post on forums so please be gentle :slight_smile:

I have purchased an Ortur Laser Master Pro 2 and a LightBurn license. I have done many successful tests to get speed/power to be what I need for the material I am working on (maple/cherry cutting boards). I have a design that I came up with to engrave these cutting boards for family/friends for the holidays. The first board I engraved, was perfect. Looks exactly as my design. I then created 5 more designs but literally only changed the names. The second board I engraved appeared fine, until I went back and looked at it and the image portion of the design moved ever so slightly off center. The 3rd board I engraved was very noticeable, moving the image portion of the svg over an inch off center. I thought maybe there was some issue with my SVG I had created and started from scratch and created a new one. Now the image portion of the design was way off, by over an inch on the top, and by 2 inches on the bottom part of the design. I am importing the SVG into Lightburn, Attached is a PNG of the SVG as well as a JPG of the actual board after engraving.

I am at a loss for what could possibly be happening here. If anyone could shed some insight on what I could check, or what my problem might be I would be forever grateful.

mechanical issue with belt tightness, most likely has jumped a tooth.

Check belt tightness - only one-finger tight, not ‘BOING!!!’ :slight_smile:

I will check that, I appreciate the quick response.

My 3018 PRO uses lead screws instead of belts but when I drive it faster than the steppers can go, my graphics will skew after the stepper in question makes an unusual noise. The end result is one axis “slipping” off center like yours due to “lost steps”.
Your image resembles that phenomenon when it happens to me.
I am NOT a veteran at this but I’ve worked on machinery all my life and it’s sounds likely that what Bo said or what I’ve just said could be your issues.

1 Like

I would like to thank everyone for their input. I went through the belts and made sure everything was the way it should be and I’ve successfully burned 2 boards without any issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.