Not cutting correct items

I had been having these issues before but with the newest update I didnt seem to have these connectivity issues anymore. It has been cutting perfectly fine for a week no problems, then today it starts cutting in random directions not associated with design at all. If I run the same file without changes on my older computer ( a mac ) running an older version of the software everything is fine no issues. Does not have to do with file. Wondering if it is a bug, running on a Ruida Controller, connected through usb, on a PC windows program.

You’re having these issues on a PC? How long is the USB cable between the computer and the laser?

Hi yes, these are happening on a PC. My Mac (much older computer) running older version 9 I think, is fine. If I transfer the files on a usb drive to the mac and have the mac send to laser it is fine no issues. My usb cable to laser is about 3 -4 ft long. I checked my PC to see if there was an update, and there was one on the 29th the day before the problems happened again. I have updated to the newest version yesterday thinking that might help, but the issue happened again today. I have attached a picture to get an idea of the things its doing. It will randomly go in the wrong direction, then stop or just not cut items in the file all together, even if in preview it shows it will cut it. When looking at preview it shows that the file will cut fully correct. Speed is only at 8mms so that is also not an issue. Please let me know if you would like any more information.

Try this:

• Click the ‘Devices’ button
  • Double-click the entry for your laser
  • Click ‘Next’ (keep Ruida as the controller)
  • Change from ‘Serial/USB’ to ‘Packet/USB’
  • Click ‘Next’ until you’re finished

That communication method is more like how RDWorks talks to the laser, and should be less prone to serial communication issues. Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

Hi! So far so good, have been cutting all day using this and havent had any of the same issues. That being said lightburn randomly goes into not responding when connected to laser, once I disconnect laser it immediately responds again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.