Not finished lines when 1 pass selected

I meant opposite you mentioned . My delays ( which I would expect ) are not unwanted but wanted … if we are talking about delays ( Software ones ) after beam starts so sth like M106 S255 for marlin …

So I should have done this investigation immediately after I found issue. Never mind , I am still learning

In program it is stated as dwell time which is correct.

It also can be programmed correctly before beam starts and cutting movements starts ( as it is )
I identified G4 P10 command in file…

Checked only Marlin G Code documentation , from what I see there are two options
G4 [P<time (ms)>] [S<time (sec)>] - where S time first

In a G code I generated is : G4 P10 which fits , because time in a program is [ms] and I basically overlooked it so for 10s should use value: 10000 ms

but this at the end will not “fix” my issue which is delay on HW side ( switching )
because G code is :

G4 P1
M106 S0 
G0X7.77 Y21.774 F0
G4 P10
; Layer C13
M106 S242.3
G1X8.159 Y22.169 F300

and I would need

G4 P1
M106 S0 
G0X7.77 Y21.774 F0
M106 S242.3
G4 P10
; Layer C13
G1X8.159 Y22.169 F300

because of my (simlply) “slow” hardware and of course I would need replace P10 with e.g. P200.

Do not know for which purpose
“Dwell time at the start of cut” is used in this order but I need to change the order.

From the program side some aditional checkbox would solve of course the issue ( or rather radio button ) like :
Start delay "Dwel "
a) before switching on the laser
b) after switching on the laser

( and maybe same at the end if needed )

if no functionality that can solve my issue is already implemented

What I can do for now is , I am able to locate the position of start dwell ( can turn off end dwell before in sw and generate G code)
by finding string ( line) that contains “Layer + name” in it .
And adding new l G4 command after found line +1 so after M106 S242.3 in mentioned case …
it switches the laser on first, and than waits for few milliseconds and continue in work …

I think this will solve my issue . My machine is not laser cutter , is mainly 3D printer and contains marilin , allows me to move Z and with my custom setup put laser on and off with ease .

Thanks so much !

edit: I have programmed the tool , tomorrow I will test it .

It sounds like you have come a little closer to the solution, that’s great.
I know a bit about Gerbil and also played with g-code in T2L, a few years back, but far from enough to be able to give you constructive counterplay, unfortunately. I’m still hoping Oz sheds some light on the problem.

it is strange that the line has min power as well , but I set it to same as power max when I noticed
because in advance tab in a layer form setting there is just one Power field ( if we are taking in account line )

However , I have a working tool, regenerated the generated .gc , I will enjoy my sleep time and tomorrow will test the edited gcode and will se if it does the job for me

His grbl probably does not have a min option. Some do not depending on what you are doing.

:smiley_cat:

True, and it’s a bit confusing, at least for me, that the Gerbil STM also shows this setting.

The first set of photos showing the cut layer, minimum is not present.

:smiley_cat:

Actually not sure whether is a bug or a feature, however I filled it → no impact. But as mentioned I smell the problem somewhere else

… I do not associate it with any error either.

Well the change of g-code helped with closing the shapes , but it seems it still forgots to burn some short paths …

Fixed it by turning off by remove overlapping lines ,
and also with little delay on start with my program so need to process the gcode,
I noticed I am also incorrectly switching my laser unit on and off with pwm start up ( but without pwm of course because it would not work so i direcly connected it and reduced delay to approx ~100ms )
so now I have quite nice result and also can speed up cutting speed

But still the functionality (Delay - dwell ) after beam is turned on would be nice feature

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.